Tuesday 13 January 2015

Get ready with me : holiday with the best friends edition!

Hello everyone!
My friend Émilie always organises a Chritmas party, well it`s more of get together between good high school friends. She`s an a-ma-zing photographer and she took some pictures of me getting ready for the party. She was sweet enough to share them with me! I thought it would me make a nice post on here. If you have a moment please go check out her Facebook page, she's awesome!
I was going for subtle eyes, better skin and bold lips.
Of course, the first step is to put all my shit on Émilie's counter, so I can see what I'm looking for haha!


I started out by applying Marcelle`s BB cream Beauty Balm Skin Enhancer in light to medium. I like this BB cream because it doesn`t have a pink undertone. Like why would I want to cover the redness in my skin with something that`s pink?







I started by dotting the BB cream all over my face. I then blended it out using a flat top type of brush. If you`re familiar with Sigma brushes, it looks like the F80. This one, I'm not sure of the brand. My friend Nadine gave me a set of brushes for Christmas and that`s one of them!
For a BB cream, the coverage is not bad! A good part of the redness in my cheeks is covered.







































For concealer, I used a well-known product. It`s the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer (holy shit that name is long!). I used another one of Nadine's gift, it`s supposed to look like the Sigma F86 (I think, I don`t own Sigma brushes, so this is just me remembering names from all the Youtube videos I watch). I blended the concealer with brush! I think it works pretty well, it depends on the concealer though. Almost forgot, I use the concealer in Light. I did also use the concealer to highlight my face, so I put some under my eyes (in that V shape), on my forehead, nose, cupid`s bow and chin.








Before setting my face, I applied a little bit of blush. It`s this cool thing from Flower Beauty, Drew Barrymore`s cosmetics line. It`s called Kiss Me Twice Lip and Cheek Chubby in Raisin the Roof. It`s a matte product, in a gorgeous berry colour, what`s not to love?
















I used the e.l.f. Mineral Eye Brightener to set the highlighted places on my face. It helps highlight those area and since I tend to get oily there, it does double duty! The brush I'm using is Real Techniques. It comes from the core collection, they call it a contour brush. I just think it`s a nice multi-tasker.















I contoured my face using e.l.f. products. I used their Essential Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush. It`s a small, like really small, and fluffy angled brush. I used the Mineral Pressed Mineral Bronzer in Beach Bronze. It's an amazing bronzer, It`s so pigmented it`s almost too much haha! It blends well at least :). I put the bronzer in a lot a places. I did the usual under the cheekbones and forehead, but I also like to put some under my bottom lip and under my chin/ down my neck.

Then, I brushed some Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Drama in Soft Brown. It`s pretty good colour match for me. It keeps them in place, which is really all I need since my eyebrows are pretty full.


After the eyebrows, I did my eye and that was super easy.

I put on a Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo 24H Cream Gel Shadow in Tough as Taupe. I loooove this one, it is the only matte cream shadow I own and the colour is super interesting. It`s a nice grey leaning on purple. It doesn`t last super well on me, but this look was staying on my face for just a few hours.
















I then used this quad by Sephora, unfortunately the name rubbed off so I'm not sure what it's called :(. It's beautiful and pretty pigmented. I used the grey shadow in the crease and the glittery beige in the inner corners of my eyes. I mostly used my fingers for this since I didn't have my eyeshadow brushes with me.
Before putting on mascara, I lined my water lines with L'Oréal Infallable Silkissime in Black. Honestly, I don't know if I would recommend this eyeliner. I've been trying to use it, but it's not giving me the results I want. It's almost toooo creamy, it doesn't just stay where I'm trying to put it. And it's so soft that when I lined my eyes the way I'm doing in the picture, it like squishes the tip and it becomes flatter. It also doesn't seem to set on me. If you have any tricks to work with this let me know!
Then I applied my mascara, which was the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant mascara in black. It's pretty nice, good enough volume but nothing special really.

Thanks for reading my get ready with me! I hope you enjoyed!
Sab Sab xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment